Dougy Center West
Dougy Center serves families on Portland's westside through a partnership with B4Church in Beaverton.
A Brief History of Dougy Center West
- Dougy Center first started peer grief support groups for children and teens through Washington County Hospice in 2006.
- In 2007, the program moved from Washington County Hospice to Rose Spring Healing Center.
- In 2008, Dougy Center opened its own location at Linklater Commons on NE 2nd in Hillsboro and served kids and teens and their families through that location until the coronavirus pandemic of 2020 impacted our ability to hold in-person grief support groups.
- In 2021, Dougy Center returned to in-person groups through a partnership with KLA Schools.
- Dougy Center currently serves families in Washington County at B4Church in Beaverton at 13565 SW Walker Rd.
Closure Notices: In Washington County, if Beaverton School District is closed due to inclement weather, we will not have groups. If Dougy Center West is closed for any other reason, we will post that information on the homepage of this website as well as on social media.