Join Team Dougy!
Thank you for your interest in joining Team Dougy.
Dougy Center is committed to providing support in a safe place where children, teens, young adults, and their family members who are grieving before and after a death can share their experiences. On Team Dougy, you can be a part of ensuring that every child has an opportunity for hope and healing. We are a small non-profit with big hearts.
Dougy Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. With our mission and with the well-being of all families who are grieving in mind, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
Overview: Dougy Center is seeking a full-time Group Coordinator to join our Program Team! This position is responsible for planning and running support groups, including the supervision of children, teens, young adults, adult caregivers, volunteers, and other program duties. This position collaborates with other program staff on planning and implementing innovative local programming ideas, volunteer facilitator trainings, and collaborative projects with outside organizations.
There are specific populations which Dougy Center is looking to increase our support for, which could also provide a unique and dynamic opportunity for the right applicant. If you have experience working with Black/African American or Latino/Latinx communities, in addition to meeting the requirements below, we would love to discuss our vision with you.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in a human services field (Counseling, Social Work, etc.)
- Minimum of three years of professional experience working in groups with children and adults
- Understanding of the grief process and working with children
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated commitment to the agency’s mission, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and values as stated above
- Flexibility in schedule to include evening and/or weekend hours and potential work at any of the Dougy Center locations in either SE Portland, Beaverton, and Canby
Dougy Center offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including generous vacation, a hybrid office/work from home schedule, dog friendly office, employer matched retirement fund, life and disability insurance, and employer paid medical, vision, and dental. The position is based at 3909 SE 52nd Ave, Portland, OR and does require time in the physical office.
Starting annual salary range: $50,000-55,000, depending on experience. Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position posting will close on October 13, 2023.
Overview: Dougy Center is seeking a full-time Training Coordinator to join our Training team! This position will be responsible for coordination and curriculum development tasks for the training team.
- Provides coordination and communication support for all training needs
- Coordinates incoming training requests, scheduling of trainings, and customized agendas
- Designs, develops, and coordinates training curricula, materials, and presentations
- Provides quarterly reports on training productivity and upcoming trainings
- Coordinates quarterly training meetings for professional development and organizational updates for training staff
- Oversees marketing plan and delivery for all Dougy Center trainings
- Uses known education principles and stays up-to-date on new training methods and techniques
- Serves, as needed, as a trainer for local and online trainings
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Education, Training, or a related field
- Two or more years of experience working as an educator (i.e., teacher, professor, trainer, etc.)
- Prior experience with learning management systems
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with curriculum development
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced competency in MS Office and a great command of MS PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- A commitment to teamwork and collaboration
- Self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented
Dougy Center offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including generous vacation, dog friendly office, employer matched retirement fund, life and disability insurance, and employer paid medical, vision, and dental. The position is based at 3909 SE 52nd Ave (Dougy Center East) and does require time in the physical office.
Starting salary range: $50,000 - $57,000 depending on experience. Interested applicants please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position posting will close on October 13, 2023.
Dougy Center: The National Grief Center for Children & Families is committed to providing grief support in a safe place where children, teens, young adults, and their families can share their experiences before and after a death. We provide support and training locally, nationally, and internationally to individuals and organizations seeking to assist children who are grieving. With this mission and with the well-being of all families who are grieving in our community in mind, we will demonstrate Dougy Center’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and specifically, fair and inclusive access to meaningful and relevant resources and services for all people who are grieving in our community. We are committed to engaging in intentional dialogue to foster a community based on our organizational values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence.
Become a Dougy Center Volunteer Facilitator
One in 17 kids in the Portland area will experience the death of a parent or sibling before they turn 18. Dougy Center's in-person and virtual peer grief support groups are growing to fill an increased need, and Dougy Center volunteer facilitators play a crucial role in ensuring continued access to our bereavement program.
Become a Dougy Center Volunteer Facilitator. Work directly with kids, teens, young adults, and their adult family members at one of Dougy Center’s three metro area locations. Complete the free volunteer facilitator training, then work with the grief support group that fits your interests and schedule. Volunteers commit to giving 3.5 hours every other week for a year.
Dougy Center has been recognized for several years as a 100 Best Nonprofit to Work For in Oregon by Oregon Business magazine. Oregon Business named us as a 100 Best Green Workspaces in Oregon. And we are one of Portland Business Journal's Most Admired Non-Profits.
With our mission in mind, we are committed to engaging in intentional dialogue to foster a community based on our organizational values of respect, integrity, stewardship, and excellence. We believe that every staff member brings a unique perspective and skills to our team and are actively searching for new people to bring new perspectives and ideas to the work we do.