Advisory Board Roles
Statement of Organization and Purpose for the Advisory Board of The Dougy Center for Grieving Children
To help enhance The Dougy Center’s position in the community it serves.
1. To serve as an advocate for The Dougy Center to the community through contacts, visibility and support.
2. To provide feedback to The Dougy Center from the community.
3. To serve as an independent, unbiased sounding board.
4. To help the Board of Directors and Executive Director of The Dougy Center in the solicitation of gifts and grants from individuals, corporations and foundations.
5. To provide advice on relevant and timely issues facing The Dougy Center.
Advisory Board members will be comprised of interested, active and influential members of the community who are willing to utilize their influence and contacts to benefit the programs and services of The Dougy Center.
Each member is requested to:
1. Introduce individuals to The Dougy Center through Advisory Board Luncheons.
2. Be available for individual consultation to the Executive Director.
3. Assist in advocating for The Dougy Center through feeding leads for, opening doors to, endorsing or assisting in solicitation activities as appropriate.