Dougy Center East
Dougy Center’s national headquarters is located in southeast Portland, Oregon, and is often referred to as ‘Dougy Center East’. Team Dougy runs our programs, support groups, and fundraising efforts from this house that we built in 2012 after arson burned down our previous headquarters. For more about how Dougy Center got started, go to Our History.
Dougy Center’s in-person peer grief support groups at Dougy Center East have been impacted by COVID-19. We are currently holding all Dougy Center groups virtually.
A Brief History of Dougy Center East
- In 1988, we purchased a beautiful, three-story house built in the 1920s on SE 52nd Avenue and that was our national headquarters and home for 22 years.
- On Father’s Day, June 21, 2009, our home was destroyed by an arson fire. The fire happened late on a Sunday night and groups were held the next evening in the Resource and Training Center next door to the burned down house.
- Throughout the process of finding a temporary rental house and creating office space, Dougy Center didn’t miss a single group.
- While rebuilding, Dougy Center operated our program out of a rented home on NE Glisan.
- We broke ground on our new home on April 2, 2012, and exactly nine months later on January 2, 2013, we welcomed the first families into our new house.
Closure Notices: At Dougy Center East, if Portland Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather, we will not have groups. If Dougy Center East is closed for any other reason, we will post that information on the homepage of this website as well as on social media.