Join Dougy Center’s knowledgeable staff for an opportunity to discover the fundamentals of developing and operating peer support groups for children, teens, and families who are grieving. Learn with colleagues from around the United States and beyond who plan to start or who have already directly established programs for children and families who are grieving.
Learn how to:
- Start a program like Dougy Center’s, including an over view of philosophies, best practices, policies, procedures, and staffing
- Identify the core principles and tenets of grief-informed practice
- Develop awareness of personal beliefs, biases, and attitudes about loss and grief
- Gain an understanding about the needs of children, teens, and families who are grieving
- Develop skills in reflection, awareness, communication, and group facilitation
- Learn how to effectively utilize volunteers to enhance your program
- Discuss how to enroll families, place children in groups, and use resource and referral services
- Design a program that fits the needs of your community
The 2022 International Summer Institute is set for July 25 - 29, at Dougy Center in Portland, OR.
At Dougy Center, we value relationships and connection. We intentionally aim to create spaces where people can be heard, valued, and connect with one another. As such, we are capping participation at 20 participants in order to achieve an optimal experience for all participants. Those who register after we reach capacity will be added to a waiting list.