The Dougy Center’s International Summer Institute July 24-28, 2017
International Summer Institute
Developing Peer Grief Support Programs for Children and Teens
Join The Dougy Center’s knowledgeable staff for an opportunity to discover the fundamentals of developing and operating peer support groups for grieving children, teens, and families. Learn with colleagues from around the United States and beyond who plan to start or who have already directly established programs for grieving children.
Dates: July 24 - July 28, 2017
Location: Portland, Oregon
Times: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
Credits: Earn 27.5 Continuing Education Credits for an additional $50 per person
Continental breakfast, lunch and snacks will be provided daily.
Information on lodging facilities, transportation and “things to do” in Portland will be mailed with your letter of acceptance.
*Receive a 5% discount on tuition by paying in full prior to July 3, 2017 or by registering two or more attendees from the same organization.
Learn How To:
1. Start a program like The Dougy Center’s, including philosophies, policies, procedures, and staffing
2. Gain understanding about the needs of grieving children, teens, and their families
3. Develop skills in reflection, awareness, communication, and group facilitation
4. Recruit, screen, train, place, and supervise volunteers
5. Enroll families, place children in groups, use resource and referral services
6. Design a program that fits the needs of your community
7. Build a successful Board of Directors and Advisory Board
8. Develop fundraising techniques and identify funding sources
9. Identify and build an individual donor base and endowment gifts
10. Successfully market your program in your community
Download registration forms here or call 503.775.5683, ext. 100, to have forms mailed to you. Complete registration forms and submit them with $150 deposit.
Mail registration to: