2014 International Summer Institute
Register now for our 28th Annual International Summer Institute
July 21 - 25, 2014
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
(5% discount for two or more attendees or payment in full at registration)
27.5 Continuing Education Credits
Join The Dougy Center’s knowledgeable staff for an opportunity to discover the fundamentals of developing and operating peer-to-peer support groups for grieving children, teens, and families. Learn with colleagues from around the United States and beyond who plan to start or who have already directly established programs for grieving children.
Learn how to:
- Start a program like The Dougy Center’s, including philosophies, policies, procedures, and staffing
- Gain understanding about the needs of grieving children, teens, and their families
- Develop skills in reflection, awareness, communication, and group facilitation
- Recruit, screen, train, place, and supervise volunteers
- Enroll families, place children in groups, use resource and referral services
- Design a program that fits the needs of your community
- Build a successful Board of Directors and Advisory Board
- Develop fundraising techniques and identify funding sources
- Identify and build an individual donor base and endowment gifts
- Successfully market your program in your community
Download the registration forms (PDF) or call 503.775.5683, ext. 100, to have forms mailed to you. Complete registration forms and submit them with $150 deposit.
Mail registration to:
Lunch, morning, and afternoon snacks and beverages will be provided each day.
We will send you suggested lodging facilities, available transportation and “things to do” in Portland with your acceptance letter. If this is your first visit to Portland you may wish to contact the Portland Oregon Visitors Association to learn more about our city.