2013 International Summer Institute
Register now for our 27th Annual International Summer Institute
July 22 - 26, 2013
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily
(5% discount for two or more attendees or payment in full at registration)
27.5 Continuing Education Credits
Join The Dougy Center’s experienced and knowledgeable staff for an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of running a successful grief support program.
Developing a Peer Grief Support Program for Children and Teens
Discover the basics of leading peer-to-peer support groups for grieving children, teens and families.
Learn how to:
- Start a program like The Dougy Center’s, including networking, policies, procedures and staffing issues
- Enroll families, placing children in groups, using referral services and accessing crisis intervention services
- Recruit, screen, train, place and supervise volunteers in their work with grieving children and families
- Design a center that fits the unique needs of your community
- Understand of the unique qualities of grieving children, teens, and their families
- Develop valuable skills in the areas of reflection, awareness, communication and group facilitation skills
- Effective fundraising, Board development and marketing
- Develop fundraising techniques and identify funding sources in your community
- Identify and build an individual donor base and endowment gifts
- Build a successful Board of Directors and Advisory Board
- Successfully market your center to your community
How to Register
Complete the application form and submit it with a $150 deposit.
Mail or fax to:
The Dougy Center
2013 Summer Institute
PO Box 86852
Portland, OR 97286
Lunch, morning, and afternoon snacks and beverages will be provided each day.
We will send you suggested lodging facilities, available transportation and “things to do” in Portland with your acceptance letter. If this is your first visit to Portland you may wish to contact the Portland Oregon Visitors Association to learn more about our city.